Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

The end?

The garden October 3rd
We've got freeze warnings for tonight, so this might be the end of the 2014 garden. I picked all the tomatoes that looked worth saving and several peppers.


The pepper plants still have quite a few small fruits, so I covered them with a sheet, hoping to spare them this time. After tomorrow night, temps are not forecast to be in the 30's again for the next several days at least, so I could get lucky. I also picked a bunch of kale which I'll blanch and freeze for smoothies.


Other than that, the asparagus plants seem to have survived the move so far, and I did get some garlic planted earlier this week. Unfortunately, I saw a few cloves out of the ground yesterday, so I think a squirrel may be trying to sabotage my garlic plans. Little bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment