Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Decreasing the yuck factor

Where is this fall going? I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted. I promise I haven't been laying around, doing nothing. I just haven't been doing a lot of garden activities.

One thing I have made some progress on, however, is getting rid of the nasty yuccas in my future herb garden.

Future herb garden - September 5th
I was dreading the fight, but I finally dove in with spade and loppers.




Since I still don't have a compost pile, I was dumping the pieces in my yard waste can. At this point, I'd filled it so full that I had to stop until another day.

I didn't quite finish the job on my second attempt, but now there's only one giant yucca clump standing.



I know I'll be pulling yucca shoots for years, but at least there is a lot of empty space in that bed now. I have visions of basil, rosemary and thyme right outside my kitchen window. Maybe even some parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment