Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I'm trying

After we moved in, it took me a few weeks to get my bird feeders set up. After that, it took a few more before the birds started coming regularly. Now, if I put food out, there's someone here to eat it. The problem is, it's very hard for me to a get a good picture.

one downy on the suet, one on the pole
I've got one suet feeder on the deck, and I put peanuts on the deck railings. Unfortunately, since the deck is on the north side of the house, it's usually dark.

flicker
And the blue jays move so fast, they're almost impossible for me to catch.


I caught this one mid-hop.


My other feeders are set up in an area west of the deck and outside my office window. I can see them well, but I'm looking down on them. The problem with pictures? The windows have full screens, so none of the pictures are clear.

downy and dove

At the old house, I had half screens, which I always pushed up, so I could take pictures like this from the safety of my dining room.


Not so at the new house. There will be nothing like these this winter.



But, hey, at least I have squirrels.


No comments:

Post a Comment