Pages

Monday, April 10, 2017

Eating from the garden already

Since I don't have a greenhouse or use any other methods of starting the season early, I don't usually get to eat from the garden until May. This year, however, I took advantage of my thriving chive plant and made this delicious chive pesto.


My pesto doesn't look nearly as bright as Kevin's, but it certainly was delicious. It was milder than I expected, and I'm not sure if the chives themselves are mild this time of year or if it's just the combination of ingredients.

The first night we ate it on pasta, and the second night I mixed it with sour cream and had it on a baked potato. Yum.


Luckily, even after harvesting two cups worth, my chive plant is going strong, and I'll definitely be making chive pesto again.

2 comments:

  1. I had never thought to use chives in pesto. That's one herb that I often forget about and don't use often enough in the kitchen - chive pesto is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use chives much either, and I feel bad because they grow so well. This pesto is definitely a good way to use them.

    ReplyDelete