Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Success and failure already

Transplanted asparagus - 60% failure

I transplanted five asparagus plants last fall. So far, I've only seen growth on two of them. This guy really shot up the past few days, but I certainly won't be eating home-grown asparagus this year.


I'm thinking about buying some new plants to replace the others, but maybe it's too soon to be sure they're dead? 

For what it's worth, I'm still glad I decided to take the asparagus out of the big garden. With spring rain, it's too hard to get into the garden to check on plants, so once I do get plants established in this bed, they'll be much easier to harvest than they would've been in the main garden.

Spring planted garlic - wildly successful


I can't give a scientific success rate here because I didn't count what I planted or what has sprouted, but there are little green shoots all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment