Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Radish Plan - major setback

If you need to catch up on the radish plan, click here and here.

I mentioned before that one of my dogs had taken a liking to the radishes and was chewing on them.


It didn't take the other dog long to get in on the fun. They chewed on the leaves and the roots. I figured once the ground froze, their fun would be over. Not so.

What once looked like this


now looks like this


and this


I can't find any radishes remaining in my yard. It's possible they grew deep enough that the dogs haven't been able to dig them all up, but I'm not holding my breath. I think my grand plan for soil improvement through radishes has been thwarted in a way I never saw coming. I guess my contribution to the cultivation of Groundhog Radishes is establishing that dogs love them.

Perp 1
Perp 2
Luckily, I've kept the gate on the garden this winter, so they haven't been able to eat the radishes I grew in there. Hopefully these will help the soil in this corner a little bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment