Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Happy Anniversary and other weekend fun

I realized after posting on Thursday that it had been exactly one year since my first post, so happy late anniversary to me.

It has been a busy four-day weekend. I started by cleaning up the garden a bit.

The garden April 10th
I cut down the old asparagus and found some new shoots under the mulch. I am so looking forward to tasting this!


 I also pulled back some of the mulch on the garlic and found that it is alive and well.


While I was doing this, the dogs were uncovering a nest of baby bunnies in the middle of the garden. I appreciate their willingness to take care of the intruders, but it never gets easier to see. I should apologize to my neighbors, if any of them were out, because I was cussing like a sailor. The good news is, the bunnies were found before I started using the broadfork. That would've been a trauma I'm not sure I could recover from.

I started getting my old 4 x 8 raised bed ready for strawberries. They're supposed to be here this week, along with my onions and potatoes. No pictures because an empty raised bed isn't much to see.

I finally planted my carrots.

Now you see them
Now you don't
The brassicas are about ready to be planted out. They spent time on the patio, getting acclimated.


I know I'm late with them, but we'll see how they do.

Lastly, I had some branches trimmed off a tree in my yard, which is just the beginning of a new project. More on that later.


As I write this, we're getting the rain that we needed so badly. It's been a nice, fairly slow, soaking rain. I'm going to take advantage of a cool, wet Sunday and relax after my three busy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment