Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Welcome to San Quentin

The white trash garden version, that is.


It became obvious this winter that the rabbits had figured out how to get through the "rabbit guard" fence at will. It really wasn't so hard for a creature that jumps. They just leapt high enough to get through the big holes, and that was that.

Since I've got some seedlings that are about ready to go out, I knew I needed to do something to thwart their nightly forays into the garden. While I'd love to re-fence with a higher quality fence, I don't have the time or money this spring. Instead, I improvised. I zip tied chicken wire to the inside of the existing fence, covering all of the big holes with little ones.


It isn't pretty, as you can see, but it ought to help keep those little bastards out.

The garden March 30th


No comments:

Post a Comment