Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Growing like crazy


The cabbage, broccoli and kale are growing fast.


I think I'm going to have to transplant them soon. I could probably start hardening them off outside, but the garden isn't rabbit-proof right now, so I'm stalling. That's a whole other matter I'm trying not to dwell on. A rabbit has been spotted in the garden a few times over the winter and has clearly learned how to jump in and out through the higher-up, not-too-small for a rabbit holes in the "rabbit guard" fence. I'm working on a plan.

I planted some zinnia and marigold seeds on Saturday morning, and this is what the zinnias look like today:


Most of them have already sprouted. The marigolds haven't appeared yet, but it's only been three days, so I'm not concerned.

I love starting seeds in my basement!

No comments:

Post a Comment