Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Let the garden begin

The 2015 garden is under way. I planted broccoli, cabbage and kale seeds on Saturday.


Instead of marking each cell like I did last year, I came up with a new idea that I think is pretty clever. I filled the cells in a pattern.


Then I made a sign for each vegetable that shows its pattern.


So if the sections get moved around, I'll still know which one has broccoli and which one has kale.

As of this afternoon, they have all sprouted, so it's time to get the lights on.


In a couple weeks I'll start some more seeds, mostly flowers and basil. I don't think I'm going to start any rosemary this year. I have enough dried and frozen from last year that I think I'll be fine just direct planting them in the herb planters.

It's so exciting to be growing things again.

No comments:

Post a Comment