Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Onions and babies

That could be a recipe in the cannibal cookbook, but it's really just a garden update.

The onions started falling down well over a week ago.


I dug them up Tuesday night.


There certainly were a lot of them, but they varied in size drastically. Why did so many of them stay so small?


They are now covered and I'll let them cure for awhile. I'll just have to use the little ones first.

On to the babies.


Isn't that a cute little zucchini? I've never grown zucchini before, so I'm kind of excited. I understand that will wear off, but this is a plant designed for small spaces so it hopefully won't get too out-of-hand.

Another baby:


A teeny, tiny Japanese climbing cucumber.

Last but not least, tomatoes:


I can't remember what kind this is. I planted new varieties this year and forgot what I planted where. It's either Nebraska Wedding or Italian Heirloom. Either way, I should be eating tomatoes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment