Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Peppers

I finally decided it was safe to plant out my peppers, so I loaded them in my handy garden pouch...


and carried them outside. This nifty pouch was a birthday gift from a dear friend. The same friend who gave me the awesome Soil Scoop and the beautiful K's Garden stone. It's nice to have such a thoughtful friend. (Thanks, Carla!)

This is the first year I've grown peppers from seed. They are Napoleon and Healthy from Seed Savers Exchange.



If I hadn't marked the pots, I certainly wouldn't have been able to tell them apart at this point. They are both sweet peppers. Napoleon is more of a bell pepper, and Healthy is the longer, skinny kind.

Part of my purpose in moving the rudbeckia the other day. was to open up some room on the wall for the peppers. I may eventually have to move more flowers, but for now, there was room for all six pepper plants.

planted and caged
view from behind
watered and mulched
I have to admit that climbing up and down off the wall to garden is kind of fun. Good exercise, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment