Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Last but not least

The most exciting project of 2017 was one that I didn't even do...The Wall. I will be paying for it for a while, but at least I didn't have to build it.

How it looked before, starting at the house, curving toward the west side of the lot and then running north:






Demolition:






Construction:








I forgot to take pictures of the finished wall, so this is where it ends. I got a little bit of grass planted before it got too cold, but not the entire area, so that is still on the to-do list. Also, due to a little misunderstanding between us and the builder, we need to have him come back out and cap the top. Other than that, I couldn't be happier and I don't have to worry anymore about the wall collapsing, and my front yard ending up in my back.

The stairs are by far my favorite part. Now I don't have to climb the wall to get on top. Moving the rest of the rocks will be much easier this spring.

2 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! For those big jobs, the money spent is well worth it.

    ReplyDelete