Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Gardening season is back and so am I

After getting overwhelmed last year, and still having so many ideas and projects for the garden this year, I decided to make a task list. There's almost nothing I like better than to cross things off a list. It's still a little cold to get much done outside, but I have managed to complete a few tasks.

I wanted to add some compost to the raised beds this year, so last weekend I went to the garden center and bought 24 bags.


I bought three different varieties, so I had to do a little math to figure out how to divide them up.


I have to admit, I had some help getting them from the truck to the back yard. After that, though, it was all me.

One of the varieties I bought was mushroom compost. It had more worms in it than I've ever seen in a bag of compost.


It's not much to look at, but I know how much work went into this:


After a week of cold, wet weather, I was able to get back out there this weekend, and I broadforked the four smaller beds.


You certainly don't need a gym membership if you're going to haul compost and wield a broadfork.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! It will be at least 3 or 4 weeks yet until I'm out there - our ground is still frozen solid.

    ReplyDelete