Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2018

I've been busy

I know it's nothing compared to some gardeners, but I have been busy the past few weeks. Between working, trying to walk the new (to us) dog every day, and garden work, I haven't gotten in the habit of blogging again, but I'll get there.

I made good use of my new seed starting stand and started more seeds this year than I ever have. I also had very good help.

Delilah (the cat) had to inspect my soil.


Very thoroughly. Clearly, Glory (the dog) didn't care.


Things I started indoors: broccoli, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, zinnias, marigolds, snapdragons, tassel flower, amaranth, St John's wort, cantalope and basil.


As of today, only the basil and cantalope are still inside.

onions, broccoli, radishes, and 1 volunteer lettuce
eggplants, tomatoes and volunteer sunflowers

onions, peppers, broccoli and beets

peas, peppers, cucumbers and nasturtiums
tomatoes, zucchini, onions and nasturtiums
I had a wonderful garden surprise this spring. Last year my rhubarb plant disappeared. It was so gone, that I wasn't even worried about machinery driving over it when the wall was being built. This spring, however, it came back!


It's so big that, if I had been expecting it, I probably could've cut some and made rhubarb pudding. Oh well, that will have to wait until next year.

I've been working on some other garden projects, and taking pictures along the way, so I hope to be posting those pictures soon. Right now, however, I've got to go walk the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment