Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Too much?

We're in the midst of unseasonably warm temperatures here. Upper 60's to mid 70's for the highs is much too warm for March, in my opinion. And it's dry. I sure hope this trend doesn't continue.

With the warm weather, things are growing, so I decided to go looking for my garlic.


It's been tucked under a nice thick layer of straw all winter. When I started raking the straw off, I realized just exactly how thick that layer was. Apparently I was really concerned with my garlic freezing.


I didn't rake it all off, but I moved enough to see some of the sprouts from last fall.


None of them looked very green, but maybe being uncovered and getting some sunshine will help. I just don't want another total loss because I finally used the last of the 2013 garlic I had in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment