Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

100th post

It took me a little over a year to get to 100 posts. That's not a great pace, but at least I stuck with it long enough to make it to 100. I read a lot of blogs, and I'm very impressed with people who post every day, but that's not me. I'm not that disciplined, and I don't really have that much to say.

Last weekend, I got my peppers and tomatoes planted. Three red and three green bell peppers:


Two Amish Paste tomatoes:



Two Arkansas Travelers, two Early Girls, and one Sweet Baby Girl:


It's the same mix I planted last year, less the Pink Caspian that didn't grow anyway. I used the paper that the plants were packed with as mulch. After I mowed, I covered the paper with some grass clippings.

The only things left to plant are beans and my basil and rosemary seedlings. The new bean towers are half ready.

Step 1
Step 2
After I set them up, I realized they took up a lot more room than I had allotted on the garden plan, so the peppers weren't going to fit where I'd planned to put them. The upside to my complete garlic failure was that I had someplace to put the peppers. Gotta love the silver lining when you see it.

The garden - May 17th

No comments:

Post a Comment