Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Again - *sigh*

Saturday morning before I'd even gotten dressed, D looked outside and saw our dog Scout giving the composter a serious once over. Before long, we saw this:


And then she figured it out, and we saw this:


What was she after? This:


A rabbit nest with seven very new babies. Knowing that she would not leave it alone once she learned how to get to it, I let her finish the job. One by one she retrieved and squeezed the babies, and I disposed of them, except for the ones she swallowed when I wasn't looking. Yes, it sucks, but they had no chance of making it out of that composter alive.

Scout was rather proud of herself, and I had to thank her for helping protect the garden from hungry rabbits. She's not much of a guard dog, but she's a very good garden dog.

Resting on her laurels

No comments:

Post a Comment