Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Smells like summer

I finished my spring planting over the weekend. The first step was to finish assembling the new bean towers for the pole beans.

Tops on
Strung up
I planted four types of beans, but I'm most excited about the scarlet runners. The orange flowers are the real reason I planted them, but if I get to eat them, too, that'll be a bonus.

I also planted out my basil seedlings.


They had gotten so fragrant the past week or so that every time I watered them, I thought about pesto. Such a summer smell.

The rest of the garden is doing well. The cabbage plants are huge.


The potatoes are growing very fast, and I'm having a hard time keeping them covered with straw. It seems to slide off of them rather quickly. I guess I just need to pack it in there better.


They look pretty covered there, but they are already sticking out.

Even the peas are doing well. Much better than last year.


Now I just need to water, weed and be patient.

The garden May 26th


No comments:

Post a Comment