Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Looking good

The garden June 1st
I spend a lot of time just staring at the garden now, because there's so much growing in there! In the picture you can see lots of bare space, but I like to focus on all of the green stuff.

Beets
Kale
Carrots
Onions
Pepper and broccoli
Peas
Beans
More beans
Strawberries
All of the beans I planted on Monday have sprouted. The peas are doing much better than last year. I might get more than a handful of peas this summer. I may have found evidence that someone is trying to chew their way into the strawberry bed. I'll have to keep my eyes on that. The strawberry plants seem to be doing well, and I am dutifully cutting off the flowers and runners as instructed. A couple flowers went unnoticed, and one plant has a few small berries on it now. Guess I'll get a preview of what's to come. We're getting a nice rain right now, so I won't even have to water tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment