Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

First eats from the garden!



I ate all of the peas sitting on the patio Friday morning. They were delicious.

I could've been eating kale for awhile now, but I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to eat it. I planted it not even knowing if I like it. I think I'm first going to try kale chips and then I'll probably throw some in smoothies.

The radishes came off of the hugul garden. At the time I planted them, I wasn't even thinking of eating them. I just wanted something that would grow fast to help hold the soil down. They certainly grew fast. The mound is covered with a radish and lettuce forest.



I haven't eaten any of the lettuce. There are enough weeds mixed in that I'm not sure I'd want to try at this point. The squash is growing well, although it isn't spreading as fast as I expected.


The nasturtiums I planted on the north side of the mound are also coming along nicely.


So far, I'm happy with my hugul experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment