Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Tomato rescue

I'm not sure yet if the rescue was actually a success, but I'm optimistic. Last year, I planted the tomatoes on the west side of the garden. This year, I moved most of them to the east side of the garden.

Looking northeast - June 8th
As you can see in this picture, my small composter sits against the fence on the east side. When I planted the tomatoes, one of them ended up directly behind the composter. At the time, I figured that missing the morning sun wouldn't be a big deal because the plant would get plenty of afternoon sun. I think I was wrong.


In this picture you can see the difference between the composter tomato and the plants on either side. Big difference. In fact, you can hardly see the poor tomato plant for the weeds and grass.


Last weekend, I relocated this plant to a different spot in the garden where nothing will block its sun.


It's now growing next to the basil. So far, it looks better, but it still hasn't taken off like the others. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to have another dud tomato plant. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment