Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Started a fall project

D built this for me on Sunday:


That's a 4 foot x 8 foot x 8 inch cedar frame for a new raised garden bed. I decided a few weeks ago that the asparagus needed to be moved out of the big garden. I have too much trouble getting to it once everything else starts growing, and it falls over on top of anything close to it.


I've read that asparagus does not like to compete with other plants, and eight inches is probably not quite as deep as it should be, so instead of putting a layer of cardboard in the bottom like I normally do, I've covered it with a tarp to completely kill the grass. When I'm ready to start filling the bed, I'll probably turn over the dead grass and maybe even broadfork a little.


Now my garden path runs between my raised beds. And poor Scout has to run around yet another garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment