Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Garden Saturday

It's been a long time since I woke up on a Saturday and my first priority (after coffee) was the garden. Yesterday was one of those days.

The garden June 27th - before
The garden really needed some attention.

Weeds!
First I pulled weeds. Then I picked cabbage, broccoli and peas.


That was the last of the cabbage and broccoli, so I cleaned out those plants. I also pulled out the lettuce, which was long gone. Then I mowed the yard and mulched most of the empty spaces with grass clippings. It won't prevent the weeds, but it will help.

The garden June 27th - after
The Japanese climbing cucumber is growing like crazy, and I've started training it up the trellis.


The Mexican sour gherkin is making some progress but is still very small.


Now that the lettuce plants are gone, it will get more sunlight.

The zucchini and squash plants are also growing fast.



The tomatoes and basil are also doing well, but I forgot to take pictures of them. The onions are starting to fall over, and it looks like I'll be harvesting garlic pretty soon. Summer is well underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment