Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Update

The garden - June 3rd
The garden is full of weeds. Between all of the rain we've had, and other things that are going on that demand my attention, I have not been paying a lot of attention to the garden. I did get almost everything planted. I didn't plant beets, and I'm skipping the beans this year, so there is a lot of space in the garden where nothing is growing, except weeds.

That being said, the cabbages are developing.


The broccoli and kale are growing well.


The peas are coming along.

The basil, however, looks horrible. 


It got cool and wet right after I planted it. I tried something that I thought would be smart, however. When I planted out the plants, I also threw some seeds in the ground, so maybe those will sprout and I'll be able to make some pesto after all.


I picked my first head of lettuce last night and had a salad for dinner. I haven't grown this lettuce before, and I really liked it. The variety is Winter Density.

No comments:

Post a Comment