Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Just call me the tomato butcher

One of the last tasks before moving day was cutting down the tomato plants so I could take the tomato cages with me. If it weren't for the cages, I would've left the tomatoes for the buyer, but I didn't want to give up my nice, sturdy cages.

Tomatoes August 5th

I had already trimmed them up a bit, but it was still quite a task. The Mexican Midget was the first to go because it had the fewest green tomatoes on it.

Tomatoes August 9th
The morning of closing, I had to take down the other three.

Tomatoes August 10th
It was not fun, but I did come away with a bucket full of green and half-green tomatoes.


Several of them have already ripened at the new house.

Last photo of the garden - August 12th
So long, K's Garden #1. I will miss canning tomatoes and freezing kale this fall, and I never got to pick a squash, but I've got lots of time to plan for K's Garden #2. My head is already full of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment