Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Garlic

I harvested my garlic the other day. I wasn't sure if the time was right, but with vacation fast approaching, I figured it was now or never. 
 

I think that some of the plants were ready and some weren't, but it sure looked impressive when I got it all dug up.


I was very surprised at just how hard it was to get out of the ground. Those little roots hold on tight.


It's all hanging out in a warm, dry place for now, so we'll see how it turns out. Just to be safe, I'll probably plant more this fall.

No matter how many times I plant something and watch it grow, I'm still always amazed. I can't believe I started with this just a few months ago:


Today's birds: blue jay, sparrow, mourning dove, downy woodpecker, white breasted nuthatch, chickadee, cardinal, robin.

No comments:

Post a Comment