Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

It's coming

We've had a few frosty nights, but tonight it's supposed to dip into the 20's.

The garden October 23rd
I finally managed to get all of the tomatoes and peppers cut down, along with most of the zinnias. I've actually been laying the zinnia branches around the cabbage tents. I figure they can add a little more insulation. In light of the coming temperatures, I made covers for all of the cabbage plants, too.


They all look like they're doing fine, but tonight will be a real test. I have no idea if I have any chance of eating a cabbage out of the garden, but I'm not giving up yet.

Some of the less hardy plants have already succumbed.

basil

the sweet potato experiment
The radishes continue to thrive.


I'm interested to see how long they survive. Even if tonight does them in, they will have done their job. There is a lot of radishy organic goodness in the soil.

Guess we'll see how everything looks in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment