Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Beginning fall cleanup

The garden October 5th
I spent some time Saturday morning butchering trimming the tomato jungle.

Before


After
It's actually more dramatic in person. Even though I'm about tomatoed out, I couldn't bring myself to cut them down completely.

There was a time when I didn't think I'd ever have enough organic matter to fill up the composter. Seven indeterminate tomato plants later, I'm thinking I might need another composter.


In all fairness, I did mow the front yard, too, so it's not all tomato plants.

The broccoli plants are still doing well.


I haven't had to pick off any green caterpillars for several days.

The radishes are going strong.


We had some very chilly days but are now back in the 70's for our daytime temperatures, so I've got a little more time before I have to wrap up The Garden 2013 and get ready for winter.

I've been forgetting the birds lately, but I think I saw a new one today - an Eastern Towhee.

No comments:

Post a Comment