Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

What a girl can do with plastic and clothes pins

A few repurposed tomato cages, some old janky green fence, plastic clipped on with clothes pins and voila:

Broccoli
Cabbage
It's getting chilly. We haven't hit freezing yet, but we're getting dangerously close, so I decided I needed to come up with something for my broccoli and cabbage. These contraptions fit right in with my garden gate.  I don't know if this will do the trick, but I don't think it can hurt.

I've been working in the garden every evening, doing the one thing I hate: cutting down green, growing things. I have to keep reminding myself that nothing else is going to ripen, and cutting them after they freeze will be less fun.

Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
The tomatoes are gone, about half of the zinnias have been trimmed, and a I've taken out three pepper plants.


As I'm working, I'm also trying to remember what I learned this year and beginning to plan for next.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you made a lot of progress! I was just thinking as I picked the last of my peppers "time to plan for next year." always goes so fast. Oh well, half the fun is in planning right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! And the fact that we have to wait until next spring teaches us patience.

    ReplyDelete