Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Things have slowed down. . .

. . . but they haven't stopped.

Today's harvest
The tomatoes are still going strong. I was out of town for four days over the weekend. When I came home, I found quite a few overripe ones that I tossed in the composter, but I was still able to pick about a pound of good tomatoes today. I'm really not sure what to do with them at this point.

The peppers have apparently decided it's time to do something. I've always heard that peppers love heat, but mine seem to be responding well to the cooler temperatures we've been having lately. The poblano plant has been covered, and I picked several today. As you can see, I also got a couple nice green peppers.

I cut down the cherry tomato plant last weekend.

The garden September 30th

You can see the empty spot in the tomato jungle. I just didn't need any more cherry tomatoes, and I felt guilty every time I saw the ripe little ones on the plant. They were cracking as soon as I picked them, so I couldn't even really give them away.

That picture gives a good view of the radishes, both inside and outside of the garden. The plants you can see on this side of the marigolds are the radishes I planted when I pulled out the beans. They are growing very well. The plants you can see in the foreground, up against the cinder blocks, are some of the first radishes I planted. Some of them are getting very tall.

My sage looks amazing.


This is the single plant that survived being trampled by Scout during the bunnies-in-the-potato-patch fiasco. It has doubled in size over the past few weeks. I dried some sage last year, but haven't used much of it, so I think I'll try to use most of this fresh this fall. I bought a couple squash at a pumpkin patch yesterday, so I'm thinking I can use some with them. Sage is such a beautiful plant, I think I'd grow it even if I didn't want to eat it.

Other than that, we're just enjoying the beautiful fall weather.

Looking out for bunnies

No comments:

Post a Comment