Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2015

It ain't pretty

Between rainy days and frosty nights, I've managed to get onions, carrots and peas planted. I tried something different on the garden plan and put the peas in a rectangle, instead of a long row.


Since I made that decision, I've been wondering what I was going to do to give the peas some support. I finally decided on re-purposing the fence I took off the strawberry bed. (I have regretted that many times, by the way. I have to keep chasing the dogs out of that bed. Just because the squirrels climb in there, they think they should, too).


I cut three five foot pieces, and secured them with my trusty green garden stakes.


I can't remember what I first bought those stakes for, but they get used year after year for stuff like this. It isn't pretty, but it works.


If my garden was about being pretty, I should've stopped a long time ago. Look at the gate, for crying out loud.



No comments:

Post a Comment