Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Here's what I'm thinking

Since I moved the asparagus last fall (fingers crossed I didn't kill), I've been trying to figure out what to plant in the bed in between the asparagus plants. There's plenty of room.


With a little help from Carrots Love Tomatoes, I finally settled on tomato plants. It hadn't dawned on me before that tomatoes don't need to be protected from rabbits, so I'm wasting space in the big garden. Not that my fence offers much protection from rabbits, as has been proven time and time again.

At any rate, tomatoes may be beneficial to the asparagus, and will be fine in an unfenced bed (which is how I grew them before I made the big garden), so I'm going to squeeze a few tomato plants into the asparagus bed.


I think I can fit as many as four this year.


With only three tomatoes in the main garden, I have room for more things, like lettuce, sweet potatoes and zucchini.


No comments:

Post a Comment