Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Rain

The good news is, while I was gone last week, it rained enough that D didn't hardly have to water the gardens at all. The bad new is, it's been so rainy since I got back that I haven't had the chance to get outside and do anything.

I can see from my windows that things are growing well in the raised beds, but it's been too wet, soggy and chilly for me to want to take any pictures. So instead of garden pictures today, I'm going to share pictures of a place I saw while I was away that is the opposite of my lush, green, wet garden.

The place is Angel Peak Scenic Area, a BLM-maintained scenic area close to Farmington, New Mexico. It's the kind of place that pictures can't do justice, and the sun was so bright the colors don't show well, but you get the idea.



Somewhat in keeping with the garden idea... a wild flower


and a lizard




The roads on the canyon floor that you see in the above picture are used by oil and gas workers for access to mines in the area.


Angel Peak

This place was shockingly beautiful and had many nice picnic and camping areas. I would've liked to have been there at sunset, because I'm sure it would be amazing. If you're ever in the area, it is well worth visiting.

Hopefully, I'll have some garden pictures to post soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment