Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2016

We have an herb garden

I'm going to be out of town this week, which leaves D in charge of everything that's growing, inside and out. Even though we're still a week from our average last frost date, temperatures are above normal, and we've got rain in the forecast, so I decided to plant out everything I could to help cut down on his chores. The things that were ready, were plants for the herb garden.

zinnias
sage
thyme
itty bitty rosemary and dill seed
They joined the chive I planted last weekend.


The rosemary plants are tiny and probably not quite big enough, so I sowed more seeds between the plants.

the herb garden
As I was planting, I realized that I need a path to get to the faucet, which is behind the boxwoods. I think I'll just use a few pavers to make a stepping stone path. Also, I forgot to leave an area for the basil, but there are plenty of spaces between things where a basil plant will fit.

I also finally got peas planted in the raised beds yesterday. I'm really late, and our warm weather probably won't be good for them, but we'll just see how they do.


It isn't pretty, but things rarely are in my garden. I've got two rows of trellis and three rows of peas.


And last, but definitely not least, the peach tree is starting to leaf out.


My camera refused to focus on those tiny, little leaves with all that grass around, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment