Pages

Friday, August 19, 2016

The good

I promised I would show some of the good in the garden. Obviously, every time I post a Harvest Monday, I am showing the good, but there's more that I haven't shown.

The three morning glory seeds I planted started slow, but have become a huge mass of vines.


I swear it was only three seeds. This photo was taken last week, and there is even less of the mail box visible now. I think I'm going to have to trim some of it back, or the mailman is going to stop delivering my mail.

The first blooms appeared a few days ago.



My butternut squash plant has five or six good sized squash on it. I check the stems every day, and a couple are getting close.


To go with all of that squash, I have a massive patch of sage in the herb garden.


Speaking of the herb garden, I have never had a garden turn out looking like I imagined until this herb garden this year. Everything has grown so well.

August 13th

May 14th
See what I mean? There are plenty of weeds in there, and whenever I look under things I find yucca sprouts, but there are also masses of basil, dill, sage, thyme and, of course, zinnias. I always forget how big zinnias get.

Despite a rocky start, the green beans are now covered with blossoms.


Since this photo was taken, I have also noticed a few small pods. I found more Japanese beetles on them today, though, so I might spray again.

Last but not least, the peach tree is growing like crazy.


March 13th
I don't know when I will get my first peaches, but it might be big enough next year to make a little shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment