Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Help with the rabbits?

I walked through the living room the other evening, and something in the backyard caught my eye.


I think I've seen this guy once before, but it was last fall. He was clearly on a mission, so I grabbed my camera and watched. I had to stand on a chair in the living room, so I could see him over the deck railing.


He crept very slowly along the fence, standing still for long periods of time, never taking his eye off the rabbit sitting in the yard.

This is a different picture than the one above...


the only thing that was moving was his tail.

He started to make his move...


and had just decided it was time to go for it...


when the rabbit darted under the fence and into the neighbor's yard.


I looked away for a second, and the cat was gone. I hope he ran into the neighbor's yard, too. Even though he didn't catch the rabbit, at least he chased it out of my yard for a little while.

2 comments:

  1. Rabbits are a scourge in our garden as well & I had to install chickenwire fencing to keep them out (although one of my areas is not fenced at the moment, so I'm tempting fate on that).

    I had a similar cat encounter the other day as well, but in this case, (s)he was stalking a mouse near our shed. As I watched, he pounced on, caught & then, with head held high, proudly walked off with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure my cat friend has been as successful as yours was, but my dog dispatched an entire nest of baby bunnies last night. As much as I hate it, the garden sure appreciates her efforts.

      Delete