Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2016

This and that

Between being busy and having miserable weather, I haven't spent much time in the garden lately, other than to water and pick cucumbers. I have observed a few things over the past week, however.

All of my pepper plants have peppers on them now, so I can finally tell the plants apart. This one has a cluster of peppers packed together.



One of them has grown between the stalks, and I think I'll have to cut it in half to get it off the plant.


My butternut squash has several fruits on it.


The humidity is unending, and my camera fogs up every time I go outside.


Mexican Sour Gherkin cucumbers have the cutest little flowers.


For scale, that fence is 1/2 inch hardware cloth. Some of the little cucumbers are almost ripe. I can't wait to try them.

I made zucchini carrot fritters, and they were delicious.


It's always good when you figure out how to eat what you grow.

5 comments:

  1. Your peppers have tons of fruit on them. And that's fantastic that your winter squash vines are setting already, mine haven't even started running yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My squash is a hybrid designed for small spaces. I wonder if that makes it grow a little faster.

      Delete
  2. I 2nd what Phuong said...your squash are miles ahead of mine as I don't see any fruit set yet. That's so funny about the peppers - I had to re-label my plants as the marker wore off all the labels, so now I'm finding out if my guesses were correct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting for the plants to tell me what they are! I did it with my tomatoes, too.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting for the plants to tell me what they are! I did it with my tomatoes, too.

      Delete