Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Not a failure yet!

I didn't step foot in the garden all weekend. It was cold and wet and yucky. It was also 14 days since the peas went in the ground, with no sprouts in sight.

I spent a lot of time staring through my kitchen windows at the expanse of mud and string that was my garden. I also spent a few minutes peering over the fence at the piece of string that marks where the peas went. I was contemplating a total pea failure. I might've planted them too early. The weather's been too wet and cold.

Late Sunday afternoon, the temperature finally reached 50 degrees, and I took one last look. Guess what I saw?


You have to look closely to see the tiny spots of green. This afternoon, there are a whole lot more of them. They're still too small for me to get very good pictures, but they're growing, and that's all that matters.


Now I can concentrate on the spot where my potatoes are supposed to be.

Weekend birds: robin, cardinal, blue jay, house sparrow, starling, house finch, grackle, downy woodpecker, ringneck dove, mourning dove, chickadee, white breasted nuthatch, northern flicker, and a sharp-shinned hawk did a flyover.

No comments:

Post a Comment