Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

The tomatoes are coming! The tomatoes are coming!



The garden May 13th
It won't be dirt and string much longer.

I got two very exciting emails today. Both my tomatoes and my peppers have been shipped. Eight tomato plants and nine pepper plants are on their way, so I know what I'll be doing this weekend. Before they get here, I'm planning to get the zinnia and marigold seeds planted.

In other news, the carrots have started to sprout. They are sparse and tiny, so I don't have pictures yet, but they're growing! That means everything I've planted so far is growing. The sixth potato has also sprouted.

I have one failure area at this point. A two foot section of the peas did not sprout. I'm sure it's because the soil was too wet. I have drainage problems in my yard (as in standing water when it rains), and one corner of the garden is wetter than the rest of it. It's something I'll be working on.

Monday's birds: I'm out of bird food and I didn't spend any time staring out the window, so all I saw today were two robins and a blue jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment