Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Beans

It's that time of the summer when I can go into the garden and pick something every day.

Today's harvest
All of those beans are from my Jade II bush beans. Not all of them grew, but the ones that did are covered with beans. They have to compete for space with the Jacob's cattle beans in the part of the garden that is quickly becoming the "bean forest".


The Jacob's cattle are also loaded with beans.


They are a dried bean, however, so it'll be awhile before I pick them. I saw these two nasty little guys on them this morning.


They're pretty, but clearly not good for the beans, so they were unceremoniously evicted.

In other garden news, the strawberries have filled their bed


and are trying to get out.


There was an almost perfect strawberry on one of the plants the other day, but when I went back to pick it, it was gone. I'd like to blame the squirrels, but I think it was probably a bird. The robins spend a lot of time in the strawberry bed.

Between the potting soil bag method and all of the rain we're getting, my wheelbarrow has never looked prettier.



No comments:

Post a Comment