Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Tomato update

I certainly don't have the tomato jungle that I had last year. The tomato I rescued is looking better, but it hasn't grown much.


It's not even as tall as the basil next to it. This plant is an Early Girl, which I've been planting for several years. The other Early Girl I planted actually looks worse.


For awhile, it had a lot of brown leaves, but it is mostly green now. The two Arkansas Travelers both have tomatoes, but one plant is noticeably smaller than the other.

Left and middle are Arkansas Travelers
Since the tomatoes I planted aren't doing great, I'm not discouraging the volunteers that have sprung up.

In the bean forest
In the rosemary container
With my luck, however, they'll probably all be cherry tomato plants. I always have more cherry tomatoes than I need or can give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment