Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Stepping stones and a whole new outlook

I finished my most recent project the other day. Now I have a garden path from my patio to my shed.

Finished path
D and I found an awesome place to buy rocks a couple weeks ago. On the first trip we bought just enough to get started. I laid them on the fourth of July.

Before
After - July 5th
The next day, I went back to the rock store and got enough to finish the job. I finally laid them on Saturday. It was a hot, sticky, dirty job, but I'm so happy with the end result.

After - July 12th
In addition to creating a path, I somewhat unwittingly engineered a new outlook. With the path in place, I now look at the whole backyard as my garden. I used to consider only this area the garden:


Now I feel like the whole area behind my house is K's Garden. It probably isn't just the path. I've been looking at the yard this year and dreaming up new ideas, but the path really convinced me I can and should do the things I'm dreaming of. I've got some big plans for my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment