Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Forgetful

The garden July 4th
I did garden things over the long holiday weekend, and I even took some pictures, but I keep forgetting to post.

I picked the first carrots.


So far they aren't as wonky as last year's carrots. I can't remember which kind I planted where, however, so I don't know what kind these are.

The squash is blooming like crazy.


I don't see any baby squashes yet, and it dawned on me this morning that even with all of the flowers, I could end up with nothing if they don't get fertilized. I don't think I'm going to take matters into my own hands. We'll see how things play out.

I didn't plant any sunflowers this year, but the birds did.


And, of course, the squirrels are chewing on them.

Furry bastards
I started a new garden project over the weekend, but it's not finished yet. When it is, I'll post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment