Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Carrots

I finally remembered to pull up my carrots the other night. Some of them were rotting, which isn't surprising given the amount of rain we've had and the fact that I was probably a little late. Even so, I got close to three pounds of carrots.


As you can see, some of them were pretty big, and not quite as gnarly as last year, although I did have a few weird ones. I planted two varieties, but I can't find my notes to tell me which row had which ones. Also, as I was pulling, I wasn't keeping them separate, so I really have no idea if all the pretty carrots are one variety or not. Oh well, I'll be eating carrot pie this week, and that makes me happy.

Obviously, I picked some more beets, too. When I made pickled beets, I didn't pick them all because some were really small. Now I have these and I'm not sure what to do with them. I throw one in a smoothie every once in awhile, but I think I need to try cooking them and eating them plain.

I've picked several cherry tomatoes and got my first full size tomato the other day. The plants are really starting to fill up with green tomatoes.

Arkansas Traveler
Sweet Baby Girl

Amish Paste
I can't wait for tomato pie with homemade pesto....


No comments:

Post a Comment