Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Beans finally

Better late than never, I finally planted my green beans today. I set the tower up last weekend, but with a week of thunderstorms predicted, I decided to put off stringing it up.


Now, it's done.


Or at least, mostly done.


I ran out of string, so I'll have to add a little before the beans get too big.

In other news, I knew it was too good to last....my fence-less garden. When the beets sprouted, something chewed all the tops off.

where the beets should be

 Then I also noticed my lettuce getting nibbled.


I actually saw the perpetrator sitting in the bed, chewing on the lettuce last night. Ah, rabbits, I knew my Liquid Fence and positive thoughts couldn't keep them away forever. Now I'm just trying to figure out whether I'm going to fence each bed or put a fence around the garden area as a whole. I'm leaning toward fencing the beds separately, but we'll see.

Why can't the rabbits just eat the weeds?


No comments:

Post a Comment