Pages

Monday, June 13, 2016

Harvest Monday

For the first time ever, I'm joining a blog hop, linky thing. I'm so technologically inept, I don't even know the correct term for it. At any rate, I'm going to share some pictures of what I've been harvesting lately.

During the past week, I have harvested all three broccoli heads.

#1 1 lb 7 5/8 oz
#2 2 lb 7 1/8 oz
#3 1 lb 6 3/8 oz
Broccoli's 1 and 2 were chopped, blanched and frozen. Broccoli #3 was chopped and is in the fridge, ready for eating. I left the stalks from all of them, so I may get some side shoots later.

I've picked several heads of Winter Density lettuce.


With the heat we've been having, I assumed this handful I picked Sunday morning would be the last I'd get.


Heat or not, the rabbit has ensured I'll have no more lettuce. This afternoon, he nibble every remaining head. I know I need to get some fencing, but I've been lazy and indecisive about it, and after I scared him away last week, I hadn't seen any more damage. For the meantime, I sprayed more Liquid Fence.

I've also been picking a couple kale leaves every few days. I put kale in my lunch smoothies, but I also had some fresh in salads last week. That was a first for me.

To see all the wonderful things that other garden bloggers have been harvesting, check out Our Happy Acres.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some giant heads of broccoli! Mine are rather puny by comparison, though I am happy to have them. Too bad about the rabbit. I use Liquid Fence all the time to keep the deer away from our hostas. Thanks for joining in Harvest Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I only have to worry about rabbits and not deer!

      Delete
  2. Your broccoli are so perfect. That's terrible that your lettuce plants were eaten, hopefully you scared the rabbit away for good.

    Our broccoli are still achingly small, they took so long to get established this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No such luck with the rabbit - caught him and his baby hanging out in the garden tonight!

      Delete
  3. Linky thing is a totally appropriate term. :) You figure things out as you go. I have enough space to grow extra plants for the odd nibbler, but regular bunnies or groundhogs can do a lot of damage. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete